Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mac and....Squash!

This is a great quick meal for kids.  On days when you have little time to cook, grab a box of Mac and Cheese - I prefer Annie's which is a good price at Target- and a can of pureed butternut squash.  I stock up on canned butternut from Whole Foods.


Make mac and cheese as directed.  Add 1-2 tbsp of squash and mix until smooth.  Try using only a little at first and taste before you add more.  My boys are use to the flavor so I can add a good amount.  Sprinkling with Parmesan cheese helps add some extra cheese-y flavor if needed.  

You can also use acorn squash which I added the last time I made mac and cheese for the boys.  It is mild and sweet so it is easy to sneak in.


Pureed baby foods work too if don't have time to cook or can't find a canned version.  Enjoy!

1 comment: