Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Parsnip Chips
Tried making parsnip chips today.  The recipe calls for lots of oil and frying to make the chips crisp but I reduced the oil and baked them instead.  I liked them so much I ate most of them warm out of the oven.
Ingredients:

1lbs parnips
2 tsp vegetable oil
Salt

Directions:

Shave long thin strips with a peeler turning it as you go. 

Save ends and cores for soup or other use.


Add oil and salt - toss by hand.  Place on a cooking sheet and spread thin.  Be sure to spray the sheet with oil first so they don't stick.  Place in the oven at 365 degree for 5-10 minutes checking often to be sure they don't burn.  Remove when browned and crisp. 


You can use this recipe for pretty much any root vegetable - sweet potato, carrot, rutabaga, radish, turnip...etc. They make a great healthy snack, add texture to salads and are nice paired with a sandwich. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment