Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Paleo Pancakes

These pancakes are my new favorite breakfast item!  So simple and healthy!  They pack a powerful protein punch and are both filling and tasty.  Since grains are difficult for me and gluten free options are often either complicated to make or over-processed, these pancakes have been liberating!  Try them and see for yourself.

Ingredients
  • 1 banana
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter (or other nut butter)
  • 3 eggs (I use egg whites)
  • Cinnamon
  • 1tsp coconut flour  (optional)
Directions

Place ingredients in a bowl and mix until almost smooth.  Too much banana will make the pancakes too moist; if this happens add the coconut flour to help the pancakes keep their shape. Cook in an oiled pan until firm and enjoy warm with fresh fruit, yogurt (I like blueberry coconut yogurt since I am dairy free) or pure maple syrup.




No comments:

Post a Comment