We had a wonderful Father's Day BBQ last night. My husband grilled while I of course made a huge salad. I have found most people don't know how to make a salad both creative and nutritious. Since I am such a big salad eater due to food restrictions I have learned to make salads meal worthy and delicious. Variety is very important. Using not just vegetables but different variations of vegetables (likeh heirloom tomatoes instead of red tomatoes) as well as adding olives, seeds and nuts, legumes and fruit.
For this salad I also used lettuce from our garden. The bunnies have been eating it but there was a little bit left fortunately! Here are the ingredients.
Ingredients
Pasta
Romaine
Arugula
Heirloom tomatoes, quartered
Sundries tomatoes
Red peppers, sliced
Kalamata olives
Sunflower seeds
Parmesan croutons
Balsamic vinaigrette
Directions
Place in a large bowl with vinaigrette and toss. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment